Blood Donation is service to Humankind, by Donating Blood you help a needy and save a precious life. Transfusion of blood every year saves Millions of life all over the world every year.
Humanity, helping the needy is that lesson of life that His Holiness Dr. SYEDNA MOHAMMAD BURHANUDDIN (R.A) has practiced and preached his entire noble life knowing no boundaries and no races and his legend being carried on by SYEDNA AALI QADR MOULA MUFFADDAL SAIFUDDIN (T.U.S). From the day of its inception Burhani Guards is actively working in the field of medical, providing sick men aid services and medical consultation services to mumineen and in general at large. In 1417 H, Aqa Maula (R.A) bestowed name Al-Tamreez to these services of Burhani Guards.
To perform sajadat-us-shukr, acknowledge and practice his holiness’s preachings, Burhani Guards Division III with a progressive approach of benefitting more and more mumineen, organized a blood camp on 14th January 2014 with the collaboration of Hussaini Blood Bank, on the auspicious occasion of Milad-un-Nabi (SAW) and Ayyam Tabudaat-Hasaanaat-e-Eidiz-Zahabi.
To receive the khushi and dua Mubarak of AQA MOULA MOHAMMED BURHANUDDIN
(R.A) and AALI QADR MOULA MUFFADAL SAIFUDDIN (T.U.S) is the most important task and life mission of us members. And by setting up this camp we humbly wish to achieve so and keep on doing till our last breath by serving and doing khidmat of humanity.
Strategy and marketing:
People were informed about this noble cause of donating blood via
- Pamphlets disturbuted in jamat khana and masjid for detailed information of the camp.
- SMS messaging reaching masses of people.
- Announcements made in all mohallah masjids
Event description :
Members were called the night before camp in order to prepare and make all the arrangements. The event took a start at 10:00am in the morning. Whereas the members reported on duty at 9:00am in uniforms. The location of the camp was BURHANI BAGH, where the camp was arranged. The ladies and gents section were kept separate for convenience of people. Mumineen had started arriving to the camp before time,which clearly showed their enthusiasm and spirit of help. After the donation the donors were served refreshments wishing them the best of health.
This was the procedure a donor had to go through starting with,
- Filling of forms by the technicians by recording their blood pressure, weight, age details and also inquired of any health issues of the expectant donors ability to donate blood or not.
- After confirmation the donor was handed a blood donation bag.
- Trained staff for blood collection.
- Proper setup for blood collection
- Facility of thalesemia(1ST Time) and other tests for the donors being conducted on the spot.
By the raza and dua Mubarak of 52ND and 53RD DAI we preceded our goal and collected 106 bottles of blood. Alhamdulillah. Our goal was not only to collect blood for patients but also to create awareness of the benefits received by the donor which are as follows.
- Donating blood helps to stimulate the production of new blood cells. This process of replenishment can help your body stay healthy and work more efficiently.
- Regularly donating blood helps males in particular to reduce the amount of iron in the blood. This can reduce the chance of heart attack by 88%.
- Donating blood on a regular basis can also improve fitness. Donating one pint of blood (450 ml) burns 650 calories in donor’s body.
- Many elderly people who are in good health have reported feeling invigorated and reenergized by giving blood on a regular basis.
- Give blood to help lower your risk of cancer.